Friday, July 27, 2007

Angel Mama in the Kitchen~ Apple Pizza Dessert

Dear Friends,

We had a casual dinner for a few of the kids friends and parents after they finished an art project the other day and made this for dessert. I Thought I would share as you might want to try. I am sorry I can't remember where we got the recipe over the years or I would give credit but has served us well.


APPLE PIZZA DESSERT

Pastry for a single crust pie
2/3 cup sugar raw sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
4-5 medium apples, peeled and sliced 1/2” thick
TOPPING:
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or softened


Roll out pastry to fit a 12-inch pizza pan; pinch or flute edges of
pastry. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; add apples and lemon juice
mixing together well. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over
pastry in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Combine the
first five topping ingredients in a bowl; mix well and sprinkle over
apples. Bake at 350ยบ for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are
tender.

Optional :Top with homemade or store bought vanilla ice cream or yogurt .



2 Gracious friends said:

Denise said...

I always enjoy the recipes that you share, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I will be bookmarking this one. Sounds divine.